one thing that i do not do enough of is: cross country ski. this year i’m devoted to taking more adventures in our backyard because winter in Grand Teton National Park is basically narnia. i’d highly recommend grabbing cross country skis, and hitting the Park, preferably with camera in hand, because you never know what kind of wildlife you’re going to see (note: if you follow my instastories, i in fact did NOT see a wolf nor fox…. #sideeye)
i packed up the essentials including my new Jelt Belt, which i’m totally digging. a versatile belt thats light, colorful, holds up my knickers, and can transfer from backcountry to the bars, which i did this day!
after a few hours exploring untouched snow next to the snake river, we stopped at dornan’s in moose, wyoming for a coupla brews for our own little apres ski!i’m super into supporting brands that do good, because it makes me feel good knowing my decision to support them, is actually helping others. something i think we ALL need to do more off these days. Jelt Belt makes low profile belts that have a big impact. these cute belts are made from 100% recycled water bottles and contain no metal, making it easy for travel, and offer an inner gel so grip is never a problem.
AND $1 of every belt sold goes towards helping wounded veterans which just melts my heart in all the right ways. Jelt Belt is sold online or found locally in jackson hole at Skinny Skis and JD High Country Outfitters. i’m rocking this belt here!
photos by peter lobozzo // this post was sponsored by Jelt Belts. thanks for supporting the brands that help make The Egg a better place
following my last post, i’m aiming to take more photos of beautiful people in 2017. my first shoot of the year was with maddy, a local jackson hole musician, who happens to have the greatest smile 🙂
i first met maddy about 6 years ago. i distinctly remember her telling me after a dinner party that she wanted to follow her dreams and become a musician. it was until i saw her perform this past year that i was able to see how talented she truly is. this girl is a passionate artist through and through. not only does she sing, she also composes, which i think is one of the raddest things ever!
i have the utmost respect for entrepreneurial women following their passions and wanted to help spread the word about her current kickstarter campaign for her music video, Baby Ask, that you can see below. a collaborative effort by local artists and filmmakers, this funding will be just the beginning for her musical efforts. maddy is hoping to take this incredible talent and vision to showcase more musicians and artists in a unique documentary style.
as a newbie in photography, I am learning the ropes of the creative world and realize how important it is to support artists, especially locally. take a few minutes to watch this campaign and remember even a little goes a long way!
*photos by me!
a fresh start is always a good thing. the word “resolution” always gets me, like i need to change things in my life. while there are definitely things to work on (and yeah, probably change!), i try to make a list of things i want to ADD to my life. things i can control to be a better me.
in 2017, i hope to add a few of these things to my life!
- start an investment portfolio – i know, such an adult move. but hey, i’m not getting any younger and i would looooove to have some mailbox money by the time i go gray.
- visit a new country – this has been on my list since i turned 20 and in the last 11 years, i’ve made it happen! no trips planned as of yet, but my travel bug is strong.
- photograph – some of you may call me a photographer but the truth is, i only really dabble. i want to commit myself to a personal photography project and just go for it, especially with film.
- fall in love – with someone new! may that be a new friend, a new man, or a new pup.
- give back – i’d like to make this more of a regular part of my life and not just when i have extra cash handy.
- lay off the sauce – while i rarely drink anymore, the occasional glass of red doesn’t really do it for me like it used to. i’m going to commit to at least a month of sparkling waters only.
- blog more – i know you haven’t seen me around these parts as much as you’d like, especially with the increase in instagram, but i promise to make this spot a little more fun.
- journal – just like blogging, it is something i need to make time for. when i do, i feel so so good!
- say no – learning to say no is one of the hardest things for me to do, especially with friends and family. our time and energy is valuable and its okay to say “my body and mind need to rest”.
- make money – is that terrible to say? well, after starting my own business 3 years ago, and surviving off of oatmeal and pb&j’s, this chick is ready to start paying herself!
shop this post
justin boots c/o
j.crew sweater (on sale!)
j.crew skirt (similar, similar, similar)
ona leather capri camera bag
this post was a fun one! local clothing designers Western Range Clothing asked me to incorporate their ties into a few feminine looks. i’m certainly not one to turn down a chance for tomboy fashion so i was up for the challenge….especially with these dreamy accessories. i mean, how cute are those western details?!
the silk on this gorgeous black tie is even more buttery in person. the loose look seriously steps up this outfit to city chic, something i sometimes try to incorporate out west. and at my new favorite local hot spot, Hotel Jackson, i’m all about fitting in with my surroundings.
after doing this shoot, i’m reeeeaaallly trying to push bowties into women’s fashion. pink antlers, are you kidding me? the one would also look super hot on a boyfriend but until i find one….i’ll take one in each style for myself, please! i vote girls in bowties for life.
all of the ties are designed in Jackson Hole, using silks woven in England, and made right here in the USA. Western Range Clothing also carries shirts that are made in the USA and are soon to be adding more goods to their line. i really can’t think of a better gift for a guy in your life. and hellooo groomsmen for jackson hole weddings!
blazer c/o local shop penny lane
necktie c/o western range clothing
madewell coated jeans
bowtie c/o western range clothing
j.crew beanie (similar)
jacket: topshop // bowtie c/o western range // jeans: madewell // boots: c/o Justin Boots
one thing a Wyoming gal can never have too many of is western boots! they really are THE most practical thing in my closet, every single day, all year long. i realized i didn’t actually have a pair of dark leather boots so was thrilled to find these Justin Boots Chocolate Barocco style. these dark chocolate beauts will be seeing a lot of style time, i can guarantee you that.when i’m shopping for new boots, the first thing i ask is “are they warm?” because the rugged Wyoming winters can be rough and tough. Justin Boots passed my test for warmth, comfort, and chicness! and i’m excited to see how they look in a year from now. the more beat up they get, the better in my book. i love to style cowboy boots with anything from casual to fancy (sooo cute with tights and a dress!).
gift a pair in time for Christmas! they are offering 2-day shipping before Christmas so get shopping and give someone a new pair of Justin Boots!
check out more from #MyJustinBoots on instagram to see other fun styles from bloggers